Like my Facebook page!

Ravelry Rocks!

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

My Haunted Hangout

A few years ago, I was sitting in the room where we watch TV along with my rescue dog, Lola.  It is our hangout room and we spend most of our time there when we are in the house.  Lola jumped up from her bed, where she had been soundly sleeping, and sat in the middle of the room and stared at the wall.  She would wag her tail occasionally, but for the most part she just sat still and stared.  After a few minutes it started getting creepy, so I tried to get her attention.  She would not break her stare on the wall.  It was as if she didn't even hear me calling out to her.  I called louder and louder and she still didn't move.  I finally grabbed her and ran out of the room.

Since that day, Lola will not leave that room unless I tell her it is OK.  She stops at the edge of the room and waits patiently until someone coaxes her out telling her she can leave.  We jokingly say, "The ghosts are keeping her in the room,"  but it isn't really a joke, because we really believe the ghosts are keeping her in the room.

As if the ghosts in the room weren't enough I went and bought a haunted painting.  It was so pretty at the vintage store...and it spoke to me.  I couldn't leave it there.  I don't typically do a lot of 'frivolous shopping' but something told me I had to buy this painting.  So I did.  After my hubby hung it in the  haunted room, we realized it was haunted.

Hubby was watching TV underneath the haunted painting.  It is a very large painting, and heavy too. Unbeknownst to him, the painting slid down the wall and landed right beneath his head-AND HE DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE.  When I came in the room I asked him why on EARTH he left the painting laying precariously on the back of the couch like that-he turned around and was completely baffled how it could have happened without him knowing!  The strangest part of this is that my husband has no recollection of this.  My daughter and I cannot understand how he cannot remember as we discussed it at great length afterwards.

More recently I heard, what I thought, was my daughter talking on the phone from that room.  I ignored it and went on with my day.  She had been watching TV at the time in there.  She came out and said she had heard a noise, like the door closing, but the dog was in her bed and the door hadn't moved.  She sat back down, and as she watched TV again she felt cold slipping all over her.  She had to use three blankets and was still cold. 

I swear we aren't scared of this room at all.  Nothing has caused us to feel fear, quite the opposite.  I talk to them sometimes and tell them to go away or to please stop sometimes, but nothing feels frightening. Heck, I swear they helped guide my crochet hook with my latest pattern, A Haunted Hook:  Tessellating Stained Glass Afghan

No comments:

Post a Comment