This is still a work in progress, but I was so thrilled with how my yarn dyed up I thought I'd share it with ya'll! Since my little yarn blobs were small I just used some berry bowls and put in a small amount of water (enough so my yarn blobs could have a cozy bath), a dash of vinegar and a tiny amount of Wilton Cake Frosting Dye-I stirred it around with a toothpick until I was happy with the color concentration.
You need to keep the water hot-but not boiling-so I used my microwave. I wasn't about to have pots on the stove or anything funky like that-so I just kept nuking them for about 15 seconds every few minutes just to keep them hot. I would stir them gently as well. I just kept soaking them until I was happy with how they looked and then rinsed them well.
Here is what the guts look like hanging out to dry...In case you wondered what alien guts look like hanging from trees...
I'm really happy with my little alien so far-I still have a few more guts to make and then get it all put together, but he is going to be awesome-at least he will be in my mind. :) I can't wait to share with you the finished object! :)