I am so sick of snow and cold and snow and cold that I decided to make a fun and happy bright and flowery hat. It is a little crazy, but that is OK, so am I.
This hat will fit an adult woman, finished hat circumference is 21” I do hope to fiddle and fart around with this pattern to make it larger or smaller for other folks, each flower measures 2.5" so, we'll have to do it in increments of that when we do fart our fiddles.
gauge: 11 dc going across that equals 4" and for 8.5 rows of dc it equals 4"
Stuff ya need
Worsted Weight Yarn (light blue, light pink, dark pink, yellow, dark blue) and H Hook
Notes: Each round is always a new color (I included the colors I used if you want to follow it-but please, experiment and have fun, that is the whole point of this hat! I would love to see anything you make using this pattern). Instead of chaining to get the stitch I just start with whatever stitch is called for
Flower Motif (make 8)
1. Magic ring, ch 1, 12 sc in ring; join and finish off magic ring
2. With different color, *2dc in sc, ch 2, sl in next sc, ch 2; repeat from * around, join and finish off. (6 petals)
1. Same as 1st
2. With different color, 2dc in sc, ch 2, sl in next sc, ch 2, dc in next sc, *sl in coorosponding petal from previous flower, dc in same sc, ch 2, sl in next sc, ch 2, repeat from * once more, **2dc in next sc, ch 2, sl in next sc, repeat from ** around-6 petals
1. Same as 1st
2. Same as 2nd, but also join the 1st petal when you are completing your 4th and 5th petals of this flower
Set aside your flower ring for now and let’s begin the hat!
1. Yellow Magic ring, ch 2, 9 dc in ring; join (10 dc) finish off
2. Dark pink, 2 dc in each dc around; join (20 dc) finish off
3. Light blue *sc between 2 dc group, ch 3; repeat from * around; j join and finish off oin (30)
4. Light pink, 4dc in each ch 3 space around; join and finish off (40)
5. Dark blue, * sc between 4dc group, ch 5; repeat from * around; join and finish off (50)
6. Yellow 5 dc (but put 6 dc in 6 loops) in each ch 5 loop join and finish off (56)
7. Light blue sc in center of any dc group, *ch 7, skip 6 dc, sc in next dc; repeat from * around; join and finish off (8 loops)
8. ***I do not like this round I am going to mess around with it in the next few days and see if I can’t come up with something I like more, but for now, this is what I did****Dark pink, 4dc in loop, *sl st in top of flower petal, 3dc in same loop, sl st between flowers, 4dc in next loop; repeat from * around; join and finish off (56 dc)
9. Light blue, sl st in any free petal, *ch 4, sl st between petals, ch 4, sl st in next free petal; repeat from * and join and finish off
10. Dark blue, *3dc in loop, 4dc in next loop; repeat from * around join and finish off
11. Yellow *hdc in dc, ch 1, skip next dc; repeat from * around join and finish off
12. Dark pink sl st in any ch 1 loop, *5dc in next loop, sl st in next loop; repeat from * around join and finish off.
©Dragonbird Creations This pattern is for personal use only. You have permission to sell any items you make using this pattern. Do not distribute, copy or sell this pattern, photos, descriptions or anything other content included in this pattern.